In order to achieve the goals of SDGs in the region, the project will develop data for agricultural productivity improvement and promotion of sustainable agriculture and use as basic data for policy making. Strengthening the ASEAN Food Security Information System (AFSIS) activities which contribute to monitoring the food security situation throughout the ASEAN region for providing accurate and comparable agricultural statistics data collected using a unified survey method developed by the project.
adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.Target 2.4
By 2030, ensure sustainable food production systems and implement resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, that help maintain ecosystems, that strengthen capacity for adaptation to climate change, extreme weather, drought, flooding and other disasters and that progressively improve land and soil quality.Indicator 2.4.1 - Proportion of agricultural area under productive and sustainable agriculture
The area under productive and sustainable agriculture captures the three dimensions of sustainable production: environmental, economic and social. The measurement instrument - farm surveys - will give countries the flexibility to identify priorities and challenges within the three dimensions of sustainability. Land under productive and sustainable agriculture will be those farms and associated agricultural land area that satisfy the sustainability criteria of the sub-indicators selected across all three dimensions. This indicator will measure progress towards SDG Target 2.4.
The Project for Supporting Agricultural Survey on Promoting Sustainable Agriculture in ASEAN Region (SAS-PSA) funded by the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries of Japan (MAFF, Japan) and ASEAN Food Security Information System (AFSIS) Secretariat will be responsible for the implementation of the project with the main purpose of supporting and promoting sustainable agriculture on SDG indicator 2.4.1.
1. To achieve the goals of SDGs in the region by developing data for agricultural productivity improvement and promotion of sustainable agriculture and use as basic data for policy making
2. To strengthen the AFSIS activities which contribute to monitoring the food security situation throughout the ASEAN region for providing accurate and comparable agricultural statistics data collected using a unified survey method developed by the project
• Selecting of three target countries
• Considering and making development plan for survey method to introduce into ASEAN region
• Validating the designed method and process for data collection for the project by counterpart2. To conduct pilot survey in target country
• Preparing survey material
• Conducting training workshop
• Conducting pilot survey
• Holding country workshops3. To share experiences from target countries with all ASEAN members
• Preparing regional workshop
• Conducting regional workshop
• Project evaluation4. To publish results on new survey through AFSIS
• Rebuilding of the AFSIS database and which also make it publicly available
• Considering sustainability in point of partnership and linkage this database with other existing platforms for regular update data